EW TVDS3 Finale Spoilers
May 10, “The Departed”: The season finale — which will feature a flashback to the car accident that killed Elena’s parents, when Stefan first saw her and rescued her from the water below Wickery Bridge — will find Elena making a decision about her feelings for the Salvatore Brothers. “It will not be easy. It will be very emotional for both sides because it’s going to be a very honest, very pure, very difficult decision. Hopefully if we’ve done our jobs right with Elena’s character over the season, we’ll understand why she’s making the decision that she’s making and how that decision is meant to be right for where she is in her life right now.” Did Plec cry writing the finale? “I cried many, many times. I haven’t seen it yet. I have no idea if that ended up on the screen. I don’t want to brag,” she laughs. “But it was a very, very emotional experience writing the finale, for a lot of reasons, one of which has already been talked about in the press. We do flashback to a time when Elena’s parents were still alive and when she was a cheerleader dating Matt, the football player, and before Bonnie knew she was a witch and thought she was just uncannily psychically available to predict fashion trends. It’s just a really poignant, sweet and bittersweet reflection back to a time when life was so much simpler for all of our humans and former humans. I hope it turns out as well as we want it to because it’s a really special episode.”
Sure anon. Just as soon as you go ask the wizard for some courage to come out of the chicken shit closet. Oh, and work on your grammar.
And in response to you, even though I’m not sure why bc it’s probably pointless, but sure, maybe Klaus did compel him to turn it off and have a drink (NOT DRAIN HER), but how’s come he rushed to catch her when she faked that fall? If it was “just to keep her safe bc Klaus told him to”, he shouldn’t have let her climb over the rail in the first place. How did his humanity work then (and a few other times after) but he couldn’t salvage an ounce of it to check on her? How was he able to turn it on and off so many times after (like the bridge incident, for example)?
(JSYK, I can’t speak for everyone, but I tagged “Stelena” so I can keep track on my own tumblr and because my opinions were about them. I don’t go digging through “your” tag on purpose just to be spiteful. There are plenty of other sites (twitter, lj, etc) where I hear the BS and I have every right to speak my mind wherever the hell I feel like it and tag it however the fuck I want. Besides, it’s not like Stelena fans aren’t posting shit and digging in the Delena tag anyway. All is fair in love and war.)
to a few Stefan/Elena shippers (not all!!) who are being downright nasty and bias. I try my hardest to stay out of the wars and drama but enough is enough on certain things. There have been some repetitive arguments about the whole “Damon vs Stefan” debate lately, and I feel we need to clear these up on the Damon side.
1: Stefan/Elena fans saying that they will never support Damon because he snapped Jeremy’s neck, or because Damon has “hurt” Elena too many times. Arguments about Damon knowing Jeremy had the ring aside, how is that one thing such a catastrophe, yet Stefan has physically/mentally abused Elena throughout every season, lied to her about so many damn things, and threatened to kill her, yet you guys excuse all of that? All the times his bloodlust got the best of him, and he hit the walls near her head, threw things around her, flipped chairs or shoved her away, pushed her or grabbed her harshly, said that she was dead when she told him to fight, said she was nothing, meant nothing, forced his blood on her (which ya’ll freaked out over Damon with when he was trying to SAVE HER LIFE), threatened to drive the damn car over the same bridge where her parents died, and threatened to kill her (again)??? What about the time he nearly drained all the blood from her and put her in the hospital and gave two shits less whether she survived or not? And didn’t even say anything when he saw her again? OR what about the fact that Stefan killed their parents, or turned Damon, and so many other things? Seriously? Get real.
2. Stefan/Elena fans saying that Elena immediately ran away when Damon told her to, but didn’t when Stefan told her too after Klaus compelled him, which means Elena doesn’t love Damon like she loves Stefan. This one is way too easy. Damon told her to run for fear that she would be hurt when he was down and he wouldn’t be able to protect her. All she did was HIDE because she knew he wouldn’t kill Damon. As soon as he was gone, she was right back there, making sure Damon was okay. She didn’t run-run. She just did the best, most reasonable thing she could do at the time. Just because her feet moved, didn’t mean her heart/mind did. (Not to mention there have been SEVERAL instances where Damon has told Elena to run, and she didn’t, or several times when she was told to not go back and save/get Damon, and she did.)
3. Stefan/Elena fans are truly convinced that Elena doesn’t have feelings for Damon because she doesn’t come right out and say it, even after they made out. Well let’s think about this. All obvious fucking reasons aside as to why she DOES love him, can you honestly blame her for feeling so much pause when asked? EVERY SINGLE ONE OF HER FRIENDS (whom of which Damon has saved, at one point or another) question Damon’s love for her and argue he’s not trustworthy or changeable, simply because they refuse to look at the bigger picture in the midst of all this chaos. They don’t see Damon when he’s alone with Elena, and when they’re in a group and Damon has fought tooth and nail to protect her/them, they have too many other things going on and that kind of thing is lost to them in the moment. If they actually stopped thinking like grade-schoolers and looked at all the good Damon has done (+ the fact that when he does make a mistake, he immediately fixes it, and goes the extra mile on top of it), I truly believe they’d come around a hell of a lot sooner than later.
4. Stefan/Elena fans believe that if Damon/Elena get together now, then it’s obvious that Stelena will be endgame. Not too fast. There are several reasons as to why that may not happen, and plenty of other show examples as to where that is not the case. (To name a few: Wildfire. Veronica Mars. Dawson’s Creek. One Tree Hill. Grey’s Anatomy.) Just because the girl/guy goes from one person to another, doesn’t mean the first person will win out in the end. In fact, more often than that, the first is too predictable.
5. Stefan/Elena fans calling Elena a “dirty slut” because she made out with Damon “against a filthy wall”, then turn around and say “but I still have faith”. That’s just shitty. We all have our moments where we are disappointed with certain characters, but be respectful please. Elena is a teenage girl who has been handed every single answer her entire life, despite the odds against her. Someone has always been there to object, to decide for her, to react, to point her in the right direction. Aside from Damon, she has never made a full decision for herself when her life wasn’t in danger, and it’s about damn time that she takes some risks and figures it out. That doesn’t make her a slut. That makes her smart, and brave.
6. Stefan/Elena fans claiming how Stefan is amazing because he let her go, and playing the whole “If you let them go and they come back…” thing, and pointing out about how she’s taking Stefan to the dance proves something. First, Elena takes Stefan to the dance because she’s (once again *cough*) pushed and suggested to do so. Second, if we’re going to call any of the brothers selfless it would be Damon, every single season. He has stepped back and let her figure out things the entire time. Sure, this season especially, he’s letting her know she has options elsewhere, but that doesn’t mean he’s making her do anything she doesn’t want to when it comes to being with him. He’s waiting. He’s been waiting. He’s made his stance known and he continues to hold out for her. The fact that she keeps coming back to DAMON says something. A bold, large-print something.
So seriously guys, BE FAIR AND REASONABLE HERE. Damon has made a few mistakes and he is certainly not perfect, but rarely these mistakes are with/to Elena, singled out. He’s always been honest about who he is and is not, what he wants, what he’s willing to do and sacrifice for Elena, and how much he cares (instead of lying and pushing her away to prove a pointless “point”).
Elena chooses Stefan over Damon OR if she chooses neither one in the Season 3 finale.
First, I just saw this:
and I’ve also heard that the finale will leave both “teams” satisfied. If that’s the case, then the only solution would be for her to pick neither one, and to “stay single” (which likely won’t happen) and “figure things out” for herself (which will drag us all through the mud and back, if she actually grows a conscience and looks into it, which is questionable with her actions lately.) And though, if only looking at it through Elena’s POV, that might make a little sense, it just seems completely illogical with the timeline and character allowances. Because what would be the purpose of all the build up between her and Damon, and Stefan pushing her away, and all this other crap? If she chooses neither then that really isn’t a decision. And if she chooses Stefan, then S3 had no real purpose and we could have skipped over 90% of it and just had The Originals storyline. The whole “triangle” (which has yet to actually BE a triangle) would be pointless.
I am a masochist when it comes to my ships. I will be drug through the coals for them. But this show is just AFFECTING the hell out of me, much more than any other show. As much as I love D/E (and the cast), I just don’t think I can be toyed with for another season. Especially without a strong result. It would have to take something BIG to make me change my mind. I am one of the most passionate, defensive fans of this show, and even my expectations and faith has been all but destroyed this season, and every time I’ve had a glimmer of hope for D/E, it gets immediately squashed, with redundancy with Stefan or sudden out-of-character decisions on all their parts.
I am going to cross my fingers that my predictions are wrong and she actually grows some balls and picks Damon, but I won’t hold my breath. Not after this roller coaster of a constant Stefan-can-do-no-wrong-and-Damon’s-never-good-enough killjoy.
ALSO!! Can I just say that, IF all of my fellow D/E viewers don’t like the end results of the season finale, maybe we should all ban together in protest and boycott watching the S4 premiere and then on, if it gets bad. Let’s face it. The D/E fanbase is over 80% of all the viewers, and if the writers know we aren’t going to be fooled with any longer and we are taking a stand, maybe they’ll stop dicking us around. We all know how powerful action and voice is.
So @julieplec — am I wrong?
Anyway. Just a thought or two. Carry on.