to a few Stefan/Elena shippers (not all!!) who are being downright nasty and bias. I try my hardest to stay out of the wars and drama but enough is enough on certain things. There have been some repetitive arguments about the whole “Damon vs Stefan” debate lately, and I feel we need to clear these up on the Damon side.
1: Stefan/Elena fans saying that they will never support Damon because he snapped Jeremy’s neck, or because Damon has “hurt” Elena too many times. Arguments about Damon knowing Jeremy had the ring aside, how is that one thing such a catastrophe, yet Stefan has physically/mentally abused Elena throughout every season, lied to her about so many damn things, and threatened to kill her, yet you guys excuse all of that? All the times his bloodlust got the best of him, and he hit the walls near her head, threw things around her, flipped chairs or shoved her away, pushed her or grabbed her harshly, said that she was dead when she told him to fight, said she was nothing, meant nothing, forced his blood on her (which ya’ll freaked out over Damon with when he was trying to SAVE HER LIFE), threatened to drive the damn car over the same bridge where her parents died, and threatened to kill her (again)??? What about the time he nearly drained all the blood from her and put her in the hospital and gave two shits less whether she survived or not? And didn’t even say anything when he saw her again? OR what about the fact that Stefan killed their parents, or turned Damon, and so many other things? Seriously? Get real.
2. Stefan/Elena fans saying that Elena immediately ran away when Damon told her to, but didn’t when Stefan told her too after Klaus compelled him, which means Elena doesn’t love Damon like she loves Stefan. This one is way too easy. Damon told her to run for fear that she would be hurt when he was down and he wouldn’t be able to protect her. All she did was HIDE because she knew he wouldn’t kill Damon. As soon as he was gone, she was right back there, making sure Damon was okay. She didn’t run-run. She just did the best, most reasonable thing she could do at the time. Just because her feet moved, didn’t mean her heart/mind did. (Not to mention there have been SEVERAL instances where Damon has told Elena to run, and she didn’t, or several times when she was told to not go back and save/get Damon, and she did.)
3. Stefan/Elena fans are truly convinced that Elena doesn’t have feelings for Damon because she doesn’t come right out and say it, even after they made out. Well let’s think about this. All obvious fucking reasons aside as to why she DOES love him, can you honestly blame her for feeling so much pause when asked? EVERY SINGLE ONE OF HER FRIENDS (whom of which Damon has saved, at one point or another) question Damon’s love for her and argue he’s not trustworthy or changeable, simply because they refuse to look at the bigger picture in the midst of all this chaos. They don’t see Damon when he’s alone with Elena, and when they’re in a group and Damon has fought tooth and nail to protect her/them, they have too many other things going on and that kind of thing is lost to them in the moment. If they actually stopped thinking like grade-schoolers and looked at all the good Damon has done (+ the fact that when he does make a mistake, he immediately fixes it, and goes the extra mile on top of it), I truly believe they’d come around a hell of a lot sooner than later.
4. Stefan/Elena fans believe that if Damon/Elena get together now, then it’s obvious that Stelena will be endgame. Not too fast. There are several reasons as to why that may not happen, and plenty of other show examples as to where that is not the case. (To name a few: Wildfire. Veronica Mars. Dawson’s Creek. One Tree Hill. Grey’s Anatomy.) Just because the girl/guy goes from one person to another, doesn’t mean the first person will win out in the end. In fact, more often than that, the first is too predictable.
5. Stefan/Elena fans calling Elena a “dirty slut” because she made out with Damon “against a filthy wall”, then turn around and say “but I still have faith”. That’s just shitty. We all have our moments where we are disappointed with certain characters, but be respectful please. Elena is a teenage girl who has been handed every single answer her entire life, despite the odds against her. Someone has always been there to object, to decide for her, to react, to point her in the right direction. Aside from Damon, she has never made a full decision for herself when her life wasn’t in danger, and it’s about damn time that she takes some risks and figures it out. That doesn’t make her a slut. That makes her smart, and brave.
6. Stefan/Elena fans claiming how Stefan is amazing because he let her go, and playing the whole “If you let them go and they come back…” thing, and pointing out about how she’s taking Stefan to the dance proves something. First, Elena takes Stefan to the dance because she’s (once again *cough*) pushed and suggested to do so. Second, if we’re going to call any of the brothers selfless it would be Damon, every single season. He has stepped back and let her figure out things the entire time. Sure, this season especially, he’s letting her know she has options elsewhere, but that doesn’t mean he’s making her do anything she doesn’t want to when it comes to being with him. He’s waiting. He’s been waiting. He’s made his stance known and he continues to hold out for her. The fact that she keeps coming back to DAMON says something. A bold, large-print something.
So seriously guys, BE FAIR AND REASONABLE HERE. Damon has made a few mistakes and he is certainly not perfect, but rarely these mistakes are with/to Elena, singled out. He’s always been honest about who he is and is not, what he wants, what he’s willing to do and sacrifice for Elena, and how much he cares (instead of lying and pushing her away to prove a pointless “point”).